In some cases, you will need to restore your Panther system to its default settings:
- in case of accidental damage to the system
- to update the OS
- to clear all user changes and restore factory settings
User Computer System Reinstallation
This process will differ depending on the User Computer model you have.
Intel NUC (PC02) / Lenovo ThinkStation (PC03)
For instructions on installing the system on either an Intel NUC or a Lenovo ThinkStation, please refer to the following guide.
At present, only the OS image with ROS Noetic is officially supported.
In the case of Lenovo ThinkStation, the drivers for the graphics card are not pre-configured. If you intend to utilize it, it is necessary to configure the requisite software accordingly.
The process can't be done in headless mode. Connections to the monitor and keyboard are required.
Built-in Computer System Reinstallation
This computer is used to manage all the basic functions of a mobile platform. The reinstallation procedure for the Built-in Computer is as follows:
- To access it, follow the instructions in the section - Service Spaces. Depending on the Panther platform version, the location of the computer varies:
- the rear Service Space for version 1.2 and above,
- the front Service Space for older versions.
- Extract the SD card from the Built-in Computer by carefully pulling it out.REPLACING THE SD CARD
If you want to replace the included SD card, remember you need to use a microSD card with at least 32 GB of capacity and 10 Speed Class.
- Download our custom OS image for the Built-in Computer from here: Ubuntu 20.04 + ROS Noetic.
- Flash the image onto an SD card (For this process, we recommend using Balena Etcher, steps may vary depending on the software used for flashing):
- Download Balena Etcher and install it.
- Plug the SD card into an SD card reader.
- Open Etcher and select from your hard drive the .img.xz file.
- Select the SD card you wish to write your image to.
- Click Flash! to begin writing data to the SD card.
- Wait for the flashing and validation steps to finish.
- Insert the SD card back into the Built-in Computer.
- Access the Built-in Computer (remember, you must be connected to the Panther hotspot):
- Launch the software:
docker compose pull
docker compose up -d